July 16-19, 2018
Entries Close: Wednesday, June 27th at 11:30 PM
Junior Match Play Championship
- 36 holes of individual stroke play to determine the 32 qualifiers for match play.
- Stroke play portion ranked by Junior Golf Scoreboard
- A tie for last qualifier’s place with be decided immediately by a hole-by-hole play-off.
- For purposes of determining places in the draw, ties in qualifying rounds will be decided by a blind draw.
- In the event of a tied match, the stipulated round is deemed to extend to as many holes as are required for a match to be won.
- Players ride in carts for all rounds.
Championship Field Size
- Maximum of 84 players
- Male amateur golfer
- Florida Resident
- 16-18 years of age as of the last day of the Championship
- Entrant is not required to be a member of the FSGA
- All players must compete in the Age Division commensurate with their age as of the last day of the Championship – No players are allowed to play out of their Age Division
- Entrant must not have reached their 19th birthday as of the last day of the Championship and not attending college if graduated from high school. See exception here.
- $110 GHIN Members or Foundation Member
- $120 Non-GHIN Members
Late entries are subject to a $10 late entry fee should the entrant gain acceptance into the field.
Entries will be accepted based upon the order of receipt. Entries received after the competitive field is full or after the close of entries, will be placed on an alternates list. Alternates will be contacted in the order of receipt of entry, if and when, a spot becomes available.
Schedule of Events & Seeding
Monday, July 16th
- Tee Times 7:30 – 9:27 AM off #1 & #10 tees
- Round one of seeding round: 18 holes of individual stroke play
Tuesday, July 17th
- 8:00 AM Shotgun start
- Round two of seeding round: 18 holes of individual strokes play
- The field is cut to the low 32 and players will play their first round match in the afternoon
- A playoff will be held immediately after the seeding round to determine the last qualifier’s place in the Championship if necessary. All other players will be placed in a bracket based on seeding round scores with ties broken randomly.
- Starting times will be posted on the scoreboard; players will have approximately 30 minutes before their matches
Wednesday, July 18th
- Round of 16: Tee Times 7:30 – 8:45 AM off #1 tee
- Quarterfinal Matches: Tee times 12:00 – 1:00 PM off #1 tee
- Afternoon starting times will be posted on the scoreboard; players will have approximately 30 minutes between their second and third round matches
Thursday, July 19th
- Semi-Final Matches: 7:30 & 7:45 AM off #1 tee
- 18-hole Final match to determine the Champion: 12:00 PM off #1 tee
Scheduling of matches may be adjusted due to weather and field sizes
The golf course will be set-up at approximately 6,800-7,000 yards
World & National Rankings
AJGA Performance Based Entry (PBE)
- Champion receives 8 performance stars
- Semi-finalists receive 4 performance stars
- Quarterfinalists receive 1 performance star
Practice rounds are available one week prior to the Championship. Practice rounds may be played after 12:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday. The price for a practice round is $30.00 + tax. Please call 239-263-1661 to arrange your practice round. The proper place to practice your golf swing is on the driving range, hitting multiple shots on the course is unacceptable.
Davis Harrison held on to beat Carson Moran 2 and 1 at Lakewood National Golf Club in 2017. Harrison played several barn burner matches as he had two that went extra holes and two more that lasted until the 18th hole. Click here for 2017 results.
Exemptions Earned from this Tournament
- Next year’s Amateur Match Play Championship
- Next year’s Boys’ Junior Championship
- Spectators and Spectator Cart Policy – Click here.
- Caddies – Caddies are not allowed.
- Championship Pace of Play Policy – Click here.
- Local Rules and Conditions of Competition – Click here.
- Championship Policies – Click here to read the withdrawal, dress code, and other policies.
- Procedures for Alternates – Click here for information on how alternates may gain entry into this Championship.
- Conditions/ Schedule – The FSGA Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee reserves the right to alter any of the conditions, provisions and/or schedules. The decision of the Championships Committee/on-site Rules Committee in any matter will be final.