On February 10th, top Stand Up Paddlers from across the nation will compete in the inaugural event Red Bull Privateers in the Ten Thousand Islands.
In this unique racing event, teams of four paddlers have two and a half hours to navigate through the mangrove mazes to retrieve treasure from fifteen hidden treasure chests. The team to collect all fifteen gold doubloons (treasure coins) and cross the finish line in the shortest amount of time wins.
The event was inspired by the local pirate history of Captain Jack Calico and the legends of him hiding treasure around the islands.
● Participants will start off shore of the Southern tip of Cape Romano
● At the sound of the cannon teams take off into the course in any direction they choose.
● Teams will have two and a half hours to collect one doubloon from each of the 15 treasure chests.
● The team that collects all the doubloons and crosses the finish line in the fastest time, wins!
● All team members must be present at the beach with their doubloons before they may cross the finish line.
For more information please go to https://redbullprivateers.splashthat.com/