Red Bull Privateers stand up paddle race is here! Teams of 4 SUP Paddlers have 2.5 hours to navigate through the mangrove mazes of Ten Thousand Islands to retrieve treasure from 15 hidden treasure chests. The team to collect all 15 gold doubloons and cross the finish line in the shortest amount of time wins.
- All teams will consist of 4 team members. Participants will be assigned to a team if they enter as an individual
- Participants may have more than one person per board if they choose, but may not go over the 4 person per team restriction.
- Teams can stay together of split up, depending on strategy.
- Each participant shall receive a map 15 minutes prior to the start of the event of the general location of each of the treasure chests
- 15 chests total shall be anchored throughout the course, each containing 100 gold doubloons
o Chests may run out of coins, but this goes into team strategy
- Secret doubloons will be hidden throughout the course (not in chests) and they will be redeemable for special prizes donated by our sponsors.
- Teams must stay on their board in mangrove areas and may only get off board in designated beach areas or to retrieve a coin.
- Foot protection is recommended
- PFD, Leash are required by all participants required
- SUP and Prone will be allowed to participate. No canoes, kayaks, or boards with additional propulsion of any kind.
- Entry fee is $25 per person/$100 per team
o A portion of entry fees shall be donated to the Rookery Bay Estuarine Research Reserve